What We're Reading

Book Reviews by the staff of the Mendocino County Library

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April is Poetry Month



Willits Library National Poetry Month Poem of the Day – EARTH DAY 2013

Posted April 24, 2013

Julia Butterfly Hill

OFFERINGS TO LUNA

A tree
a life so many years gone by
history bound with each new ring and every scar
i lie nestled in Her arms
i listen to all She has to say
She speaks to me through my bare feet…my hands
She speaks to me on the wind…and in the rain
telling me stories born long before my time
Wisdom
as only Ancient Elders know
Truths
passed to me through Nature’s perfect lips
She cries
Her overwhelming grief
sap that clings to me…to my soul
i wrap my arms around Her
offering the only solace that I know
giving myself as the only gift I have to give
a pitiful offering
to a Goddess such as this but of myself
it is all that I have to give

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home